by Catherine Pratt
What do I want to do with my life?
I must have asked myself this more than anybody. I just had no idea. I also thought that there was supposed to be only one thing that I was "meant" to do. This thing would be my special gift to the world. I just needed to figure it out. But, how do you do that? For me it started with asking myself some pretty basic questions, like what do I like to do. I also realized that I was making it harder than it needed to be and I was putting way too much pressure on finding that one thing. It's a myth, you don't get just one gift. You get lots of them. You just have to focus on what you like to do and what you want to explore. It all comes together bit by bit once you take away the craziness of finding that one magic answer.
Anyway, to help you out in figuring out what you might like to explore or create in your life, try answering these 8 questions:
1. What did you dream of becoming when you were a child?
2. Where do you spend your free time?
3. Listen to your inner self. What does it really wish it could be doing?
4. What activity do you do that makes you feel happy and when you do it, the time just flies by?
5. What activities, events, shows, books are you attracted to?
6. Resolve your past issues. Your past does not have to decide your future. If you let your past go and any limitations you’ve placed upon yourself, what would you be doing?
7. What would success mean to you? What would the perfect life be?
8. What would you do if you had the Universal Credit Card (money is no object)?
Did the questions help you to figure out "what do I want to do with my life"? Hopefully, it started some ideas anyway. You don't even have to know the exact answer when you start out. Just start exploring what interests you and you'll be amazed by where it leads you. You'll wake up one day, just knowing that you're doing what you were meant to. The secret is not to let limiting beliefs get in your way or listen to people who tell you that "you'll never make any money doing that" or "that's not a career" or the famous "you should be a ..." Listen to your heart. It's your life and it's a special gift. Never censure your dreams, follow them instead.
Here are some more ideas to help you figure out, what do I want to do with my life?