by Catherine Pratt
We all have them. Those no energy days when you just don’t feel like being positive and all your confidence seems to have run out like sand in an hour glass. Plus you just feel tired. You don’t feel like doing anything. There’s nothing wrong with having a no energy day as long as we recognize it as that. It’s simply one day and we can get ourselves back on the positive energy track when we’re ready. Here are some tips on what to do on those days:
1. Listen to your body – maybe you have been doing too much lately and really are tired and in need of some rest. Turn off the tv tonight and go to bed early. Your body will thank you for it. Even insignificant problems tend to feel overwhelming if we’re tired. It’s hard to be positive when you’re exhausted.
2. Appreciate – take the time to appreciate something good in your life. Think about how much joy they add to your life. Could be anything from your significant other to your pets to the tree just outside your window.
You could also look at some pictures that make you smile or read some inspirational stories.
3. Be Creative – it can be as simple as doodling a design in the corner of your notebook. Doing something creative can get us off a negative mental track and on to something fun. It can be a great way to break a bad mood.
4. Eat Healthy – take the time to eat healthy. When we’re having a low energy day it’s easy to grab for the junk food. This will just end up making us feel even worse. Along with eating healthy comes ensuring that you’re drinking enough water. If we’ve been drinking a lot of caffeine we could be dehydrated which would cause us to have lower energy levels. Try drinking a cup of hot steaming herbal tea if you don’t like plain water.
5. Body Language – how are you standing or sitting? If you’re slouched over, try straightening up. This will allow more oxygen into your lungs and give you more energy.
6. Stretch – stretching can do wonders for our mental and physical energy. Try yoga or pilates or even just do some simple stretching.
7. Walk - you may not feel like a lot of exercise on low energy days but even just going for a 10 minute walk may be enough to boost your spirits. Enjoy your walk, look around you, feel the sunshine and breathe in the fresh air.
8. Be in the Present Moment – forget all about the things you need to do or events that happened in the past. Just breathe, focus on the present moment. If you have a plant on your desk, look at it like you've never seen it before. Examine each leaf, each colour variation, the pot it's in. See it all as if for the first time.
9. Reflect – is there something that’s bothering you deep down that you haven’t addressed?
10. Be Social – call up an old friend you haven’t talked to in awhile, go to a lighthearted fun movie, hang out with some good friends. Sometimes just taking the effort to connect with others can be enough to snap us out of a low energy moment.
11. Believe in Yourself – this is an important one. Sometimes we have low energy days because we’re disappointed in something or we’re losing faith in ourselves. Believe in yourself and your dreams. Don’t beat yourself up for mistakes you’ve made. Take things one step at a time. Believe in yourself. You can do anything you put your mind to.
”What the mind can conceive and believe, it can achieve.” Napoleon Hill
Back to top of "No Energy Days"
Back to "Confidence Activities"